Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe 1:10

2Beers

It's me again.
Really great stuff.
Absolutely a pleasure to see it printed.
The lines also remind of late 60's chevy corvair.

Just really cool.
great Job!

Lem

thx 2beers.
i am on the closing lap of this race here, not that many parts left anymore.

3gSkNkH.jpg

FahISTu.jpg

and something small, which is very big in file size. i used a greyscale bitmap and displaced the surface of the emblem to create the details. for this i had to sub divide the mesh to insane levels to make it smooth, resulting in same file size for a few mm object as one of the center parts of the whole body :coolred:

w2X4tE0.jpg

Lem

Some warping on the roof in the 2nd center part, i am now countering that with added structure on the innerside. Everything else is working as intended and now only wipers and side mirror left to do, then the job is done :cool:

QCrF7Q6.jpg

yHuHIjt.jpg

R3CILOI.jpg

So0lnQa.jpg

bjS9BI2.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Geeeesh
It's coming around beautifully.
Such a great lil car.
I'M Really enjoying watching this progress.

Great job.
Keep it coming.

Lem

thx 2beers,
this is really bringing my love for 3d work back again, now that i have found a new reason to use it. My experiences as freelancers with game industry wernt that great at the end, especially with their habbit of not paying or delaying payment up to 1,5years. I went bancrupt as freelancer because of that (should have cancelled earlier, but i didnt want to recognize my failure) and then put 3d away for years.

dagabba

Supporting Member
So excited to see this in the flesh, amazing design work.

Sorry you had bad experiences freelancing with the games companies, delayed payment totally sucks.

rally037

Supporting Member
+1 Lem, sorry to hear about your experience as a freelancer. I did freelance mechanical design work for a year 15 years ago and was lucky to get paid in the last few months, but only as I had friends on the inside, otherwise I don't think I would have seen my money.

January is one of the busiest time for me at work and can't visit this forum very often, let alone write, but checking your build, I can see your 3d modelling skills are superb and the project is coming along nicely.

Good luck,
Nik

Lem

Thx Dagabba and Rally37...its far from superb, at least the innerside of the body shell. I should have added the thickness of the body way earlier before modelling all the details, so there will be a lot of sanding involved. But i know now what to make different in the next car.

Now that i work on the interior, i am a bit diapointed by the lack of vertical space in the chassis ...

rjcHckD.jpg

TxwqRN8.jpg

Mr Beanos

Supporting Member
I am still amazed by all this mastery, by this know-how with 3d software ... The result will be great
Really nice job Lem ::2thumbs

Lem

thx
Peter just sent me 1 photo, he scaled it up to 113% to make it fit onto his chassis. Man i feel like a little child who cant wait until its his birthday and i have to wait at least 2 weeks til Stefan sends me the body.....he is still fiddling with his printer settings.

ZDeYC6J.jpg

Lem

I still havnt received my printed Simca, Stefan has some problems finding correct settings for his new filament. Meanwhile my friends asked me if they should upgrade my PC for my birthday, now that i do so much 3d stuff again. I politely declined and instead asked them to consider a Ender 3 Pro instead, if they really want to gift me tech. :cool:

Lockdown in Hamburg is extended to 14th of march, so still a lot of time here in my house, so i started the next car.

OOZV6xY.jpg

69johOG.jpg