Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe 1:10

Lem

Thx guys :cool:

I received the printed Simca parts yesterday evening. The print quality is not same like Dagabbas printed parts, seems like Stefan didnt setup his prnter properly. Looks like he needs to calibrate more.
I noticed quite a few things i need to change. Per example the turn indicators and the chrome rings of the rear lights are all seperate parts. They are so tiny, that is difficult to sand them and then insert them into the main body. So i have to make them part of the main body like i already did with the BMW. Same counts for engine hood opener and the frontal Simca emblem.
Wipers also need to be simplified, because they are way too fragile currently.

NzzZkU0.jpg

nX6bi8n.jpg

bLygz2G.jpg

Lem

Thx Mr Beanos

Some major changes now that i had time to examine the printed parts. I added a lot of the small stuff to the main body, also divided the 2 center body pieces, cleaned up overlapping faces in the inner side of the body, added window frames on the inner side and some structure to make the body more rigid without adding overall wall thickness. I will also add the front grill to the main body, thats the 2nd last thing to do. The wipers need to be more simple and bit thicker and i then think i am done with the Simca (at the computer).

CAadDLj.jpg

Ycesc99.jpg

Lem

jUKsuG0.jpg

Glued all parts together and added a lot of filler material. Parts are shifted in z axis in the door areas and the rear part had a lot of sacking i had to compensate.Next days i will sand and then add some spray filler.
Now that i could work on the parts (this is the V1 version of parts) i definitely have a list of things to change for construction of future models.
1.: I dont like gluing the parts together with only the thin wall as glue area. For the BMW i will go for lips and have parts slide over the the other.
2.: Walls need to be thicker, will go for 2mm wall thickness on next model.
3.: It was a bad idea to make the cockpit floor together with the dashboard. The support on the dashboard is pretty hard to remove and i already destroyed half of the radio.
4.: I will add the side parts of the interior to the body shell, that should give the center area also much more strength.

Beside the design flaws i am pretty satisfied with this 1st attempt on creating a rc body shell.

Frederik

Supporting Member
It certainly looks like a tedious process designing, printing, assembling and tweaking. The result looks very good despite all the adjustments you plan to do next, it is vey cool to see it all assembled!

UpsidedownRC

Patience Tested!
Great work, using some similar techniques on the 3d printed parts myself. Looking forward to seeing it in paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem

Thx guys :)

sanding and glueing...exct the work i started smoking again when i prepared the real one.

qMMLKUD.jpg

Lem

yo, i prefer scale models. I remember the day in the paint box in garage, was in there for 13 hours, then a friend grabbed me to go to a d+d evening and i dont remember anything, i was so drugged by the paint i didnt need any additional stuff to get me wasted. Then i understood why painter is the job where you lose the most amount of brain cells.....

Fourth Protocol

The E9 3.0 CSL is my favourite of all time although I specifically don't rank my favourite car list in case I change my mind. But the 3.0 CSL. I would sell my son for that. I love him more than anything in the world except a 3.0 CSL.

Seriously impressend by what's possible with home printers these days, and even more with what you've achieved :wow: ::bigdrool

Lem

Thx Rally and Protocol :)
I needed some time to mourn about my own stupidy...... Last week when weather went sunny i wanted to spray last filler layer onto the body. Since i had a big bottle of filler spray i thought i would also prepare the small interior parts. That took around 30min while the black car body was sitting in the sun.....
Result, the whole roof is a big ocean wave and the top of the fron area is bended inwards....

urf5rIx.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Bumber.
Know how you feel about that for sure. UGH...and sucky on the roof.
Can you make it a convertible ? Did they make a convertible ?
All is not lost if they did.

UpsidedownRC

Patience Tested!
Gutted for ya, i was looking forward to the updates on this one. Maybe a roof transplant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dagabba

Supporting Member
So sorry for you Lem, very frustrating. Hope you can get some replacement parts printed out- maybe you could do some surgery?