Simca 1200s Bertone Coupe 1:10

Lem

I am fiddling around with the printer for 3 weeks. For the body parts i will have to build a enclosure. Currently i am using HIPS and it tends to warp quite a bit.

9yzVp81.jpg

Ot9S2p1.jpg

nLqht70.jpg

hQOKh36.jpg

Lem

After a long time i am coming to an end. A few ups and downs and mess ups from my side including melting the 1st body in the sun and the little queen is rolling :cool:
I messed up the chrome, didnt wait long enough to let it completely dry. I messed up the 1st window set when the iv glue was already hardened in the tube and i switched to super glue instead of doing it another day....of course i also didnt have acetone to clean up the mess.... impatiencent bugger me...
I learned a lot of things during the months, got a 3d printer for some months now and i have now a clue how to do more cars which are easier to assemble and dont suffer too thin walls.
bE1JEyZ.jpg

YWMfePH.jpg

4JC2OcH.jpg

Rtt5Txf.jpg

Thx guys for all the support on this journey (y)

Last edited:

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
Considering you started this as your first adventure in 3 D printing including creating the design and then enduring the process to get it to print right, and then figure out painting issues and such, I think it came out great. I don't think I will venture into 3 D printing, but it's exciting to see what can be done.