"Swiss Army" Axial Wraith Buildoff entry

C

Copious

Well I finally have my AXIAL WRAITH and parts I had pre ordered 2 months ago. I haave so many ideas for this project but the one that is really stuck in my head being that I want this rig to be veery versatile is the Swiss Army knife theme so that is where it is going. Here are some pics of some of the parts going into this bad boy. Under the advise of my grea and ol' mighty aadvisor I will not be plugging in a battery and test driving it in stock form LOL Thanks KJ. As you will see by some of the parts I really do like to live up to my name "COPIOUS". Here are some pics for you while I head to the shop and get the shocks aand reduced 2.2 pro line TSL's on........................... :welder:

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp_2.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp3.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp4.jpg

C

Copious

Well here we are with the Proline scaler shocks and the reduced TSL's. Lost some articulaation with the shorter shocks but I sure like the stance.

AXIAL_WAITH_stp5.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp6.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp8.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp7.jpg

J

jhedsy

Is it difficult to reduce swampers unlike other tires? I've always wanted to try.

I like where this is going :popcorn:

C

Copious

Looks better already ... loving the Swiss Army concept!

Thanks Kev, Still tryiing to get the math figured for thee fold out Knifes and tools LOL

Is it difficult to reduce swampers unlike other tires? I've always wanted to try.

I like where this is going :popcorn:

They were not to hard to reduce but I only took out one section of tread so mounting them was a litle tough The bead size now is around 2.0

Well was in the shop again last night, found a few extra holes in the rear of the cage that look like sway bar mounts so..........................

AXIAL_WAITH_stp11.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp10.jpg

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp9.jpg

I love my sway bars. I know that most belaive they are for removing articulation, but if they are set just right you can still acheive full articulation and remove the "torque roll" and leaning in corners. :beerchug:

T

the sandman

sway bars are cool ....looking for extra holes on mine :beerchug:

C

Copious

sway bars are cool ....looking for extra holes on mine :beerchug:

Makes a big difference aspecialy with too much power.........

Wickedest looking swaybars ever!! Homemade I presume...

Thanks Alan yeah home made all the way man, wait till the get a final sanding and paint.

nice, there are holes on the front of the cage for a sway bar.

Yeah saw those awell but the sway bar would have to be made quuite a bit different.

Spent a little tme this morning making the roof look a little better........

AXIAL_WAITH_stp13.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp12.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp14.jpg

Pretty simple just used some spray adhesive on the top and the back of some fabric and stick it down. :biggthumpup:

C

Copious

So after many hours of sanding the roiginal body panels I have managed to get the body colors on There are 4 different colors laid down so as it scratches it will show bare metal rust and primer when thee red gets worn. I still plan on painting the diff covers and a few other key areas. Also may do a little weathering to the cage and body myself before it hitsthe trails...........FOFF Mode

AXIAL_WAITH_stp17.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp16.jpg

AXIAL_WAITH_stp15.jpg

Oh I also haave a tonne of sponsor decals in the mail and more parts on the way can't wait to shoe horn the 8th scale motor under there.....:beerchug:

Last edited:

alan

Great work, Jay! I look forward to seeing it with decals..And climbing some hills with you, of course!... 8th scale motor, eh? I thought about it but the shoe-horning part I wasn't sure about...

B

BrainDead

Those wheels look nice, better than the sand paws, those tires are to small on the wraith, these though. Perfecto

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Dang... I knew those Slash tires were so much taller... looks great and i know this is just a teaser for the tricks you've got planned

C

Copious

Great work, Jay! I look forward to seeing it with decals..And climbing some hills with you, of course!... 8th scale motor, eh? I thought about it but the shoe-horning part I wasn't sure about...

Thanks Alan. Will Have to get together for some FOFF for sure. Just haveto mod the motor plate holes skid and floor pan to get the 1/8 scale mottor in LOL

Those wheels look nice, better than the sand paws, those tires are to small on the wraith, these though. Perfecto

Thanks, I have the sand paws here aswell and these look 3/4" bigger but are only a 1/4" bigger.

Dang... I knew those Slash tires were so much taller... looks great and i know this is just a teaser for the tricks you've got planned

Thanks Kev They aren't much bigger but the body of the tire is larger with a smaller scale paddle I could do some math if you wish LOL

So another midnight night last night. I put on my AXIAL alluminum knuckle upgrades and built some new stearing links fromm some alluminum tube laying around a little pollish and voila. Also put a first coat on the dif covers starting with silver for that cast allumiinum look more still to come. Also found more Alluminum tubing for the sway bar links......... TTC MODE

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp24.jpg

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp18.jpg

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp21.jpg

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp19.jpg

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp20.jpg

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp23.jpg

AXIAL_WRAITH_stp22.jpg

N

NVFOCUS

I really like all those settle changes, yet maintaining the overall original look. :biggthumpup: