Tape?

BIGBIRD

V.I.P. Member
i use black electricians tape to mask anything on the outside, to do body lines, so far no runs.

Dukk

i use black electricians tape to mask anything on the outside, to do body lines, so far no runs.

daaaaaaaaaamn, nice call! Why did I not think of that?

I use the blue 3M stuff for edges and then green painters for filling in stuff but I'm going to have to try the electricians tape.

K

kyle_l

I will try electrical tape on the weekend i gotclots of the stuff, thanks.

Ax-hole

Supporting Member
I'll have to try out the electrical tape, I use tamiya line tape for nice sharp edges and blue painters tape along side it to fill larger spaces.

C

Copious

I use "Clean Edge" masking tape from the paint shop, similar to masking tape. But has less adhesive and does not bleed when cut hence the name clean edge. Also comes in sizes from 1/2" to 1 1/2"

Dukk

I bought some Painter's Mate Precision green tape. It's a darker green and a smoother finish - not that crepe look that the standard green or blue stuff has. It has worked great, no seeping even when cut, but I'm pretty much out and you think I can find it ANYWHERE now? Nope. I even ask for it at General Paint, Benjamin Moore, etc and they have no idea wtf I am talking about. I really hope the electrical tape works.