The Great White North - Axial Wraith Build Off Entry

C

ChevyLuv

kind of a late entry here my wraith was supposed to show up 2 weeks ago but I only got it 2 days ago. I have most of the body cut up for it and a couple drivers waiting on this rig. I will post up some build pictures this evening just wanted to get the thread started while I had a few moments.

C

ChevyLuv

ok here is a picture of where i am at so far and explains the name.

the boidy still needs some triming and isnt mounted

DSCN3581.jpg

C

ChevyLuv

thanks. Ive had the body for quite a while now and have been realy wanting to use it. Ive been very busy tonight trying to reassemble the wraith and sort out the problems from the previous owner. here is how it sits now terrible picture yes i know.

greatwhitenew.jpg

C

ChevyLuv

well ive been working like mad on this thing these pictures are actualy froma couple days ago but shows the colour im going for id take pictures now but its all disasembled

wraithentry2.jpg

wraithentry.jpg

sorry for the mess in the pictures

C

ChevyLuv

actualy found one more recent picture of this thing. with the fender flares painted.

wraithentry3.jpg

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
When I saw great White North I assumed, not only Bob & Doug would be in the ride... thought it would be white too but I really like the Blue on theses things. Are you trimming back the fenders or do they rub?
Keep at it dude!!!:biggthumpup:

Last edited:
C

ChevyLuv

you know I was going to use white but then I decided id match it to the blue from the backdrop of the great white north TV segments.

thanks having a blast working on this have wanted to use these guys as drivers for awhile.

here is another little update it didn’t seam fitting to put metal floors or checker plate in a bob and Doug vehicle so I made a wood flat deck and wood floor boards ands weathered ad stained them. I have some scale accessories for the back to put in once the stain dries

the tires actualy clear realy well, the benifit of rocking 1.55's lol they actualy look very fitting on this truck with the suspension backed off i think. i left the flares out full width to give the body more width to help make the 1.55's look more fitting, and also bobbed and doved the back end of the bigbird 4 runner body.

wraith4.jpg

C

ChevyLuv

Has anyone had any touble with there wraiths drivertrain being bound up tight I picked this one up used and I'm pretty sure the guy sold it because he kept cooking motors and the drain does deal far to bound up. Has anyone else had issues? Once I finish the build I'l pull it all apart

?

-

Has anyone had any touble with there wraiths drivertrain being bound up tight I picked this one up used and I'm pretty sure the guy sold it because he kept cooking motors and the drain does deal far to bound up. Has anyone else had issues? Once I finish the build I'l pull it all apart

Bring it in... Ill help you sort it out!

matt c

I want to see it in person. Is that going to be your hill climber? Do you want to buy those sand paddles back off me? I'm glad to see you're taking a break from rennovating.

Lookin' great man. We have to hook up one of these days.

C

ChevyLuv

I want to see it in person. Is that going to be your hill climber? Do you want to buy those sand paddles back off me? I'm glad to see you're taking a break from rennovating.

Lookin' great man. We have to hook up one of these days.

most likely il turn it into a hill climber ive made it so i can remove the 4 runner panels wtih 4 screws and switch back to stock wraith panels with just 6 screws.

definetly needed a break from renovateing that was for sure.

working on some final touch's tonight hopeing to get it all done so that tommorow i can take some good outdoor shots of it. The hosers are filling the cooler and packing up there essentials incase they get stranded haha.

C

ChevyLuv

sorry if this makes your computers explode will finish my build thread tonight i need to go to a birthday dinner for my wife well here it is all done.

WRAITH2.jpg

WRAITH4-1.jpg

WRAITH18.jpg

WRAITH17.jpg

WRAITH16.jpg

WRAITH15.jpg

WRAITH14.jpg

C

ChevyLuv

WRAITH5.jpg

WRAITH3.jpg

WRAITH.jpg

and ya thats right i found some snow for the pics lol. Global warming though you know eh? hard to find good snow this time of year