"The Milk Man is Here"!! DIVCO Build.

joe122

Settling on a design direction for the #divco #milktruck going for the "Hot Rod" slammed look. I've always liked the #Halibrand #KidneyBean style wheel but finding them is next to impossible for a 1:10 build. So I found 1/8 scale resin wheels, picked up a set of MST adjustable offset drift 5 spokes and set the offset so they'd be staggered front to back, added the #traxxas on-road tires. Wanted the hood to make a statement but didn't want something huge protruding out of it so also from the same eBay vendor, I picked up a #Hilborn fuel injection intake and velocity stacks. Added the frenched rear licence plate pocket, added the light holders which are the small Axial LED lamp holders and made a rear latch for the dbl. doors. Got through one sanding session, needs a couple more at least! Now need to get started on the chassis! IMG_3143.jpgIMG_3141.jpgIMG_3140.jpgIMG_3139.jpgIMG_3138.jpgIMG_3137.jpgKidney Bean's.jpgHilborn.jpg

joe122

Time to address the chassis / frame and suspension. Going to be a set ride height this time, using 1/4" Home Depot square steel for the frame, just heavily "Z"ing the rails. Using a Yota II rear axle, a generic "King Hauler" front drop axle, 1:16 scale E-Revo - rear, LA Trax shocks for the fronts.
IMG_3191.jpgIMG_3190.jpgIMG_3188.jpgIMG_3195.jpgIMG_3192.jpg

Attachments

• 46934599_2026698970728700_6663477782187606016_n.jpg
    46934599_2026698970728700_6663477782187606016_n.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 236

2Beers

It's me again.
Crazy cool as to be expected "joe"
Those little trucks are sure gaining popularity the last few years.
Only fitting to keep up with the times no doubts.

It's always a pleasure to see your work.
Bring on the greatness.

joe122

Crazy cool as to be expected "joe"
Those little trucks are sure gaining popularity the last few years.
Only fitting to keep up with the times no doubts.

It's always a pleasure to see your work.
Bring on the greatness.
Thank you! Still kicking around the visor, not sold on t yet. Was cool to see two DIVCO's on Woodard yesterday for the Dream Cruise though!

seriously cool!
Thank you!

Too cool man! You've got some rig real estate on the sides. Any ideas for paint and a logo yet?
Thanks! I do have a couple ideas, waiting for a specific decal to come before I select the scheme though.

This is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!

joe122

Well, not a "milk truck" any more...."Surfs up"!!!! So much left to do, have to pack for ECSC. Wiating for a couple killer surfboards from Todd Norton, and a bunch of odds and ends....but here's where my build theme has diverted me!IMG_3543.jpgIMG_3546.jpgIMG_3544.jpgIMG_3537.jpg

LittleRascle

"Gnarly man."

Looks amazing.
I would expect to see something like this on the beach, maybe with a grill & some long haired guys in wetsuits.

Sent from my Z558VL using Tapatalk

Halme

V.I.P. Member
So cool and beautiful. Your builds are the best! You should be awarded somehow for all this inspirating work. Statue or something! or a national park named after you. I'm serious here! ;) This is art.

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Awesome outcome. Very nice paint work, as always. Yeah those boards are sweet...saw them on the gram.