The Original SUV

2Beers

It's me again.
Here comes a fun one guys.
Hope you enjoy the build and journey.

Lots of ideas rolling around.. Fun and serious.
Plans are to use the chassis for multiple body's.
Supper detailed and as scale as I can get ...Did I mention lots of brass....

1927-ford-model-t-coupe-project-2.jpg
1927-ford-model-t-coupe-project-3.jpg

More on the lines of this patina.
031716-Barn-Finds-1927-Ford-Model-T-2-e1458248748543.jpg

FordModelT1926frame-vi.jpg

314766.jpg

FordmodelTchassisa-vi.jpg

Tford1917bakaxel.png

Thanks for looking and enjoy.

Kellerkind

Yessss! Looking like a nice piece of work; maybe could be done from copper? I am mostly interested in the way you are going to execute those spokewheels! Thats the biggest problem in my Alfa P3 project... I will closely follow your buildthread. Regards Jens

2Beers

It's me again.
Yessss! Looking like a nice piece of work; maybe could be done from copper? I am mostly interested in the way you are going to execute those spokewheels! Thats the biggest problem in my Alfa P3 project... I will closely follow your buildthread. Regards Jens

Thank you.
Wheels are being out sourced, drawn up, and hope to have some Shapeways product here shortly if all goes to plan.
If not.. Their will be some serious jig making and what nots.
Beautiful build that Romeo... Needing an update soon too on it.

T'is a fine horseless carriage

LOL..huge thanks n00b.
See what comes about of the critter.

Ok, lets see. Ive decided to start with a 1925 coupe.
First of many different body's that I'm envisioning for chassis.
25ford56520-1.jpg

I sat down this morning and figured out a basic 2d pattern. Liking the size of things and happy with looks.
It's time to transfer over to some 3/4 MDF wood. Cut out and start making some sawdust.
The Basics:
attachment.php

And my wall is started with the subject at hand.
attachment.php

joe122

Oh hell ya! Loved the brass work on the rat rod, stellar stuff! This will be an very cool build. Will enjoy following!

2Beers

It's me again.
Oh hell ya! Loved the brass work on the rat rod, stellar stuff! This will be an very cool build. Will enjoy following!

Thanks joe

My first attempt ended up being to large I felt. Closer to 1/8 scale.
Not gonna work and plus I wasn't happy at all with shape.
attachment.php

And so I had at again... Practice Practice Practice.
2nd go round... moe betta. Now to duplicate it for passenger side.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

lpinney

Ahhhh-Maze-iiiing!

I'm curious, is that MDF? Will you form the brass around it?

I'm definitely subbing this build, and can't wait to see more.

Making movies one frame at a time.

2Beers

It's me again.
Speechless!

It's not that good..lol.. But a huge thanks joe.

Ahhhh-Maze-iiiing!

I'm curious, is that MDF? Will you form the brass around it?

I'm definitely subbing this build, and can't wait to see more.

Making movies one frame at a time.

Looking great! I like the copper idea if That's what you are doing. Extra realistic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Far my skills guys..way far.. Matter of fact, I have a basic box slapped together out of styrene..Update coming shortly.
Thanks for the props though, I can only dream about being that good. Lack of patients mostly.

Thanks again everyone.

2Beers

It's me again.
Extremely hard and I'm leaning over the fence on it..
Here's your update. Lots and lots of work to get it cleaned up, but I think I can work with it.
No laughing, enjoy, and thanks for looking.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

lpinney

Extremely hard and I'm leaning over the fence on it..
Here's your update. Lots and lots of work to get it cleaned up, but I think I can work with it.
No laughing, enjoy, and thanks for looking.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

No laughing here. That thing looks awesome!

Kellerkind

Hey my friend! That's going to be phantastic! I'm always fascinated how fast you work! Just a couple of hours offline and that much progress! I'm terribly curious how this will turn out. Keep those updates coming! Regards Jens

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
How much arm twisting would it take to get you to pop one of these out for me? It would be so cool to have a rusted out cab in the weeds at Smiggin's Folly

This really is pretty dang nice man,captured the essence of the inspiration for sure. I'm thinking you're as hard on yourself as i am!

2Beers

It's me again.
Huge thanks for the encouragements and views guys.
I think this one can be saved..But I will be using it mostly for mock up and figuring out the remaining parts and shapes.
I used .60 styrene for the pulls... why I'm happy with the shapes and curves i feel it's just not very crispy looking.
So plans are to go forward with a static version and then re-do in .40 styrene. should come out a bit better..also the Bucks need a bit of refining and carved out to release the pulls easier... Always learning on each build..lol.

How much arm twisting would it take to get you to pop one of these out for me? It would be so cool to have a rusted out cab in the weeds at Smiggin's Folly

This would be a great Honor.. as said above.. I'll take this close to a static finished assembly for remaining looks and parts and get it sent off to ya n00b..Will be an absolute hoot to see you finish it and your painting rusting techniques done to it.
Before it goes... I'll make sure it's fluent in the right accents to talk to your rocks from over seas...:laughing:
PM me your address my friend...

2Beers

It's me again.
This really is pretty dang nice man,captured the essence of the inspiration for sure. I'm thinking you're as hard on yourself as i am!

Thanks penneyma..
It was a good challenge no doubt.. With the quality of builds so high around here on this forum.. It sets the bar high..real high to try and do the best a guy can do.
But the main thing is to have fun... and fun is what we do.