Your welcome, ;)

Looking good as usual.

::D:

Looks sweet on the move.

Cheers
H2Micr0

::D:

All smiles. ::D:

After nearly three years, this build is done! I want to thank everyone on this forum, for providing all sorts of inspiration and ideas, that have been put into my rig. I love it, and the rewards when driving it, reflect all that went into it. I fully understand the reasoning behing scratch-building as much as possible.

All up weight (without driver) 9.05lbs.

Driving it is bliss.

I also want to thank all the manufacturers, who make so many cool items, and have drained my other hobbies of their alotted savings. :rolleyes: :

SCALE BUILDER’S GUILD
RC CRAWLER
SCALE 4X4
AXIAL
GCM RACING
HEYOK
HOLMES HOBBIES
CRAWLER INNOVATIONS
PITBULL TIRES
DINKY R/C
EMBLEM GUY (forgot his name)
RC4WD
MIP
AVID BEARING
VANQUISH
JUNFAC
PROLINE
SPEKTRUM
HITEC
SUPERBRIGHT LED
POLOLU
TURNIGY
TRAXXAS
CANADIAN TIRE
GUNNAR RC
DELUX FAB

If I have missed any, I appologize.

Here are the the last of the bits installed:

Yup, those 2 big bolts aren't that scale. I just wanted to get it on. I still had to hollow out the top part, and CA some screen on there though.

A.jpg

Thank to dinky RC's offering in the Dodge give away, I got some nav decals. So now the rig has GPS.

B.jpg

Got a wee pouch off of the ebay. I figure the driver could put their stash in it...
Check that piece of rust on the edge. I love looking at it.

C.jpg

Pose'n in the yard. Ya can see the off white more, compaired with the white snow.

D.jpg

All that is left now, are some nice outdoor posing pics, and some cool video footage (Something that I'm actively trying to learn).

I'm planning on driving again in the near future, so I can attend future cwarl meets and adventures. Also so I can go to some exotic locations for media footage gathering.

Until my next scale creation, cheers all. :beerchug:

Last edited:

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
It's so beautiful Nigel. Very well done. If you ever need help filming it, let me give you a hand.

Matthew

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
It's so beautiful Nigel. Very well done. If you ever need help filming it, let me give you a hand.

Matthew

Yes sir!

My vocabulary runs short, I think it plain awesome! Every tiny bit of the rig, Awesome!

Thanx Andre. I can't wait for more snow to fall, soz I can mash it down wid the tires. :cool:

One last thing to the Mods of the board, could the title be changed to "The Steelhead". The current title sounds like I was missleading readers with my build skills. I never intended this. It is my first 1.9 scaler, just like one day when I do my first 1.55 scaler.

Thanx again. :beerchug:

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Got the title changed for ya. :biggthumpup:

Thanx. More fitting now. ::D:

Great lighting! GReat EVERYthing! AAHHH!!

Thank you kind Sir. :beerchug:

Definitely on of the finest.

Thank you. That makes me feel like one of the gang. ::D:

Love it! Can't wait to see more detailed pictures outside!

Thank you too. Here are some more pics...

magnificent build again Nigel

And thank you. :cool:

So so so good! Congrats man.

Thanks Dude. I'll try to make my future build threads, as cool as yours are. :beerchug:

Crawling around the yard is giving this rig the "Shake Down". Not to mention me trying to make it run as smooth as possible. I did the "XR10" steering mod, with grafted on Vanquish steering bits.

I love the more steering feature, but donot like the fact that the steering extremes rely solely on the servo. The servo can handle it for sure, but why put extra stress on it. So, I made some solid stops for the knuckles, by brazing washers on the bolts that hold the rod-ends in place.

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

Also beefed up the bell-crank, with a bigger more solid version, that uses 4mm x 8mm bearings, instead of the 3mm x 5mm ones. A big 4mm bolt now goes into the axle tube. :biggthumpup:

71.jpg

72.jpg

And for Matty:

Playing in the snow this morning before work.

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

An early B-day present bolted on to the winch. My DIY steel fairlead worked, but this alu one makes me smile bigger. At an angle to make it look angry. If I let the winch hook hang down instead of on it's perch, it makes it look like the rig is sticking out it's tongue.

87.jpg

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Thanx. Yes, there are drivers in the works. I got a regular man figure coming, and with the addition of the "My head", that will be that.

Tooling for a really cool female figure. We'll see. Another long process... :rolleyes:

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
wow, It's been a while since I checked in on this one. Beautiful work Nigel. Attention to detail is second to none. So easy to fudge the tiny details between model years and you've got it down. Very nice!

Ditch the GPS and get one of them there new compass boxes.