TRDPRO 5th Gen 4Runner Inferno Build

ToyRCota88

Take me 2 ur Tiny Trucks.
Looks like a million bucks in the snow... Finest Pics yet! Got excited when I saw new post by Bonards29 on the 4runner build! Great update.

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
Got a new set of tires. A little taller than the dutatracs. 1.9 mud thrashers.

I decided to add an offroad camper to my build. Plan is to scratch built it and use styrene to keep the weight down.

Same height as the 4runner

My tow hitch

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
Spare tire

Maxtrax

Toyota inferno paint

Made some solar panels for the roof. Printed the decals from the web and cut some aluminum sheet.

Want to see how it looks with the 4runner before i finish the small details

Still to add an awning, propane tank and door handles.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Spotted this on instagram some time back, very happy to see it in the Guild's Finest. Such an eye catching combo and so well done too.

BAJA4RN

Oh gosh.:luv:

I just came across this thread from google search 5th gen.

Just just finish building my rig. I think I'm ready for mini BAJA4RN chase truck.

I like how you mount the Maxtraxx to the side of the cans. thanks!!

here's my rig..

61602037_10157462900244171_5762303225835290624_o.jpg

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
Thanks everyone and Matt for picking me for the build of the year and also thanks photobucket for messing with my account :coolred:

I also built another 5th gen for a friend with solid front axle with aluminum front bumper.

Pictures from west coast scale challenge!

All of them in one picture :luv:

Scale trail run pics

ToyRnnr

Been lurking here for awhile. Your truck is such inspiration. I have a 5th gen 4Runner myself and plan on making a mini-me, so to speak. Slowly buying the parts so I have a project truck when I move at the end of next month.

After reading your whole thread, I really appreciate the post on the wheels. Decided to get the same, so it matches my 1:1. I'll definitely be referring back to your thread during my build process also.

One question: would a 1.9 tire with a OD of 4.19 fit okay with no rubbing? I'm specifically looking at the Proline KM3 Mud-Terrain tires. I have KO2 on my 1:1 but I fear the tires proline offers are going to be too tall.

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
Been lurking here for awhile. Your truck is such inspiration. I have a 5th gen 4Runner myself and plan on making a mini-me, so to speak. Slowly buying the parts so I have a project truck when I move at the end of next month.

After reading your whole thread, I really appreciate the post on the wheels. Decided to get the same, so it matches my 1:1. I'll definitely be referring back to your thread during my build process also.

One question: would a 1.9 tire with a OD of 4.19 fit okay with no rubbing? I'm specifically looking at the Proline KM3 Mud-Terrain tires. I have KO2 on my 1:1 but I fear the tires proline offers are going to be too tall.

Thanks for the kind words. As matt says it will rub unless you are running an aftermarket front bumper and adjust the front axles. I run 4.19 tires on the white 4runner and you can see how i extend the front axles to get away with rubbing. Also check the new rc4wd bfg tires. They have perfect sizes especially on the 1.7

ToyRnnr

Thanks for the kind words. As matt says it will rub unless you are running an aftermarket front bumper and adjust the front axles. I run 4.19 tires on the white 4runner and you can see how i extend the front axles to get away with rubbing. Also check the new rc4wd bfg tires. They have perfect sizes especially on the 1.7

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I might need to think a different direction on the wheels and tires. I got the same wheels you have for your inferno 4Runner. I liked them because of the scale looks to the TRD Pro wheels which I have on my 1:1. I did find some 1.9 tires on RC4WD that are 4.09" OD. probably still too large.

For the record, I'm going to be building a SCX10ii kit with the Enduro IFS conversion kit. :)

Last edited: