Ultimate Scale Build FJ Cruiser

ChevyBot

Hopefully the powder coating doesn't end up too thick and cover up the great detail on this chassis! You did an amazing job. Looks super scale!

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
Started to do some work on the body while waiting for my chassis.

1:1 pic for reference

Roof rack basket, fairing, maxtrax, hilift jack and awning.

fallonsdad444

V.I.P. Member
What is great about this build, everytime you change something on your 1.1 rig, you have to work on this tiny turk too! Fun stuff. I cant wait to build my mini me turk. I just need to finish my 1.1 first!

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
Wow, just wow

Well thought out and well done

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

What is great about this build, everytime you change something on your 1.1 rig, you have to work on this tiny turk too! Fun stuff. I cant wait to build my mini me turk. I just need to finish my 1.1 first!

Hahaha. Its a never ending mod for the 1:1. The tiny turk have a super charger which my 1:1 envys

This is getting to be VERY good...

Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I will be getting my chassis tonight! wooohoo!

Getting some small details done. Rear diff brakeline and fill plug.

Got my paint from my lhs. It is my first time using an airbrush! Wish me luck

Cut and fitted my windshield

Checking all the parts and then this happend! All of my tires have cracks. some of them are really deep. These are stock tires from Axial exo

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
The build took so long your tires dry rot!

But seriously, wonder what happened?

The drivetrain components are looking great.

Had the same thing happen to a set of Pit bulls. Not sure why it happen as they where just on the shelf and didnt have them for that long ether.

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
Had the same thing happen to a set of Pit bulls. Not sure why it happen as they where just on the shelf and didnt have them for that long ether.

It's weird. I have other tires more older than this one and it never cracks. Anyways i will still run them until it blows lol.
Got the chassis from powder coat! It was worth it. A little thick but it covers all the imperfection. Can't wait to start building!!!

Small Factory

Fancy-Walkin'
It really makes it look great having it all in one color.

Did they give you an option on thickness when you had the coating done?

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
It really makes it look great having it all in one color.

Did they give you an option on thickness when you had the coating done?

My friend took to his powder coat guy. And he just told him a not too thick coat. I still have to check all the holes and probably redrill. But the best part is its free!