Various Glue Tests

PaptainClanet

I did some glue tests and came up with this chart, hope it helps. If anyone feels like I have incorrect data, or suggestions, let me know and I'll redo the test. Sintra is the PVC foam material otherwise known as komacel.

Last edited by a moderator:

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
What a handy little chart! I'm going to share this on Facebook, and probably use it in my USTE seminar next week.

Thanks for sharing!

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
Such a great idea, maybe to expand on it would be to try several different crazey glues to see how each one reacts. I personally have noticed some difference between the dollar store stuff and hobby store grade stuff.

For a different glue to add to the list, that some members of site use, is the Tamiya regular glue

PaptainClanet

Now that I think about it, theres no need for 3 rows, just 2. One for sytrene, and one for sintra. Styrene --> Sintra is pointless, because if it doesnt stick to one or the other, theres no point in trying to use it for a combo of both.

What a handy little chart! I'm going to share this on Facebook, and probably use it in my USTE seminar next week.

Thanks for sharing!

Nice! Glad it helps.

Such a great idea, maybe to expand on it would be to try several different crazey glues to see how each one reacts. I personally have noticed some difference between the dollar store stuff and hobby store grade stuff.

For a different glue to add to the list, that some members of site use, is the Tamiya regular glue

That's a good idea. I don't have any other glues, but maybe in the future I'll get some when I run out of what I currently have and add them to the list.

Frederik

Supporting Member
Have anybody saved this somewhere else before Photobucket messed up the picture links? I am a plastic noob and I would like to get started at building stuff with Sintra, Komacel or styrene, it would be interested to see the chart, thanks a lot anybody! :)

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
Have anybody saved this somewhere else before Photobucket messed up the picture links? I am a plastic noob and I would like to get started at building stuff with Sintra, Komacel or styrene, it would be interested to see the chart, thanks a lot anybody! :)

Replaced it with my own hosting.