vinyl graphics

rus-t

I'm about to do the paint on my project poorboy chevy, and would like to get the graphics as close to the 1:1 as I can. The tricky part is theres a graphic of a checkered flag on the rear fenders that I really dont want to try and paint. So, I was thinking I should look into whether its posable and worth getting someone to make up a vinyl graphic from a pic of the 1:1. Anyone ever have this done before? I'm geussin it shouldnt be hard to find a vinyl graphics shop to do something like this?

Copyof5FNGCLCAEDKSB5CALAXQIYCAEN8H9VCAZSFBLSCA3IKIYFCAGQ9GV1CAJZWQ9CCAX2J3VPCAVA4VNOCAXA6R8UCAPBQ7Q7CAEAOU06CA4ABCE2CA1ESSLPCAVQ07YSCA1EZ0B8.jpg

V

Vertigo

You can get a hold of Rob from Krawler Konceptz, hes on here as rockrawler. They do skinz, decals, paint masks and such.

alan

Checkered flag painting is actually not that hard. Especially if it's wavy... Cover the area with vinyl/masking tape/whatever your preference; Using an x-acto, cut intersecting lines (top to bottom, front to back); Now, simply remove every other square and paint.. Good luck.

rus-t

Checkered flag painting is actually not that hard. Especially if it's wavy... Cover the area with vinyl/masking tape/whatever your preference; Using an x-acto, cut intersecting lines (top to bottom, front to back); Now, simply remove every other square and paint.. Good luck.

I thought about doing that, but theres a bit of shading as well as black outling throughout the graphics. I dont really wanna go out and buy a air brush just for this one.

?

.-.

seeing as you are totally addicted to this hobby maybe the airbrush thing isn't a bad idea...your olny going to build more ....you know just sayin.....LOL
good luck with it i am sure it will turn out great whcih ever option you go

rus-t

seeing as you are totally addicted to this hobby maybe the airbrush thing isn't a bad idea...your olny going to build more ....you know just sayin.....LOL
good luck with it i am sure it will turn out great whcih ever option you go

haha, not gonna lie, I may fight it for a while, but sooner or later I'm gonna cave and buy an air brush. I'm tryin to finish this project on a budget though, so I'm gonna hold of on the airbrush for now....gotta check my lotto tickets...

R

RS10

if you have a Micheals craft store were you are you can join there email list on there website and you get a printable coupon for 40% off anything in the store including airbrushes that's what I did.

rus-t

if you have a Micheals craft store were you are you can join there email list on there website and you get a printable coupon for 40% off anything in the store including airbrushes that's what I did.

wow, thanks for the heads up, might just hafta do that! considering this isnt gonna be my last project, it'll be worth it

rus-t

So I decided to go the vinyl graphics route with this, any one know a good shop in the lower mainland that will be able to do this for me?

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Gidney Signs is one of our Sponsors.
You can talk to Joel out in Chilliwack if it's not to far

rus-t

Gidney Signs is one of our Sponsors.
You can talk to Joel out in Chilliwack if it's not to far

Thanks for the tip Kev, but it's just a bit too far for me. I just dropped the body off at a place in langley, hopefully they can hook it up for me! god I really dont like giving my truck off to a stranger......:bugeyes: