Where can I get a scale driver?

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
You may have to do like me, and find one that's close. Then chop it up & re-glue it to the scale you need, then fill & finish it off.

stevetate12

World war z figure is the right size and Steve Irwin 6" figure is a good one ....i have both and the fit great in there .......and figure 5-6" tall works in it Steve irwin/terri irwin/skater figures/world war z brad pit figure....i have em all and the fit perfect
Sent from your moms house

Chico Dave

Street League Skating action figures are about 6.5 inches tall. In 1:10 scale that would correspond 5'6" in height. They are are available on E-Bay and Amazon. They have realistic clothing and no exposed articulated joints.

luke1983

THere are loads here and some more here

Also, you wanna be looking at about 7" for a 1/10 scale 5' 10" ft man. (7" x 10 = 70") I've gone for an 8" one as I'm 6'7".

Also, the most important thing is just that it looks right in your truck regardless of what size the figure is. I may end up changing mine when it gets here but we'll see.

ppcsurfr

First find out what scale your rig is. And NO! It is not 1/10th even if the box states so.

When you've determined the exact scale of your rig, then look for the right figure based on that scale. That's the only way you will get your driver figure to look right for your rig

JMo

V.I.P. Member
Where can I get a scale driver that fits my rc4wd gelande 2

Do you mean the Defender body, or the Land Cruiser?

The Defender suits a 7" figure, but the Land Cruiser really needs an 8" figure to match the scale.

Even then, as Nigelpheron suggests, you might have to customise the figure you choose further to sit in the seat correctly, particularly as the interior layout of a typical RC truck can mean they need slightly shorter legs than anatomically correct for their overall height.

The trick is to get the stance of the torso/head correct in the seat, then modify the rest (hips/leg length, which you won't really see anyway) and set the arm angle/s into a natural pose.

As some examples:

This is essentially a 6" figure (although his cartoonish features means his head is oversize) in a Tamiya Wrangler shell which is close to true 1/10 scale:

A 7" figure in a Twin-Hammers cage (legs slightly shortened and hips reshaped to fit this custom interior):

and an 8" figure (unmodified) in the RC4WD Gelande Cruiser.

As I say, if you've got the Gelande Land Cruiser 40 body, that is a small truck in real life, so your best bet would be one of the clothed articulated 8" action figures I'd suggest.

Hope that helps...

ppcsurfr

Actually, the Defender and Land Cruiser are oddly scaled. At an average they both need an 8.5-inch figure

Compute this by dividing the 1:1 wheelbase by the RC wheelbase and you get na approximation of what scale the Defender and LandCruiser really use.

The RC4WD Defender 90 and 110 are in 1:8.46 scale while the Land Cruiser is 1:8.3 scale.

The reason you may find it difficult to fit an exact scale figure in those rigs is because you don't have the compression of the seat cushions nor the squish of human flesh in your figures. Without shaving a considerable amount of plastic, your figures will look like they're in rigor mortis.

With RC4WD, the Defender bodies look so right because at that scale -- 1:8.46, a 1.9-inch rim multiplied by 8.46 equals 16.074 -inches... The 1:1 Defenders use 16-inch rims.

JMo

V.I.P. Member
Actually, the Defender and Land Cruiser are oddly scaled. At an average they both need an 8.5-inch figure

Compute this by dividing the 1:1 wheelbase by the RC wheelbase and you get na approximation of what scale the Defender and LandCruiser really use.

The RC4WD Defender 90 and 110 are in 1:8.46 scale while the Land Cruiser is 1:8.3 scale.

The reason you may find it difficult to fit an exact scale figure in those rigs is because you don't have the compression of the seat cushions nor the squish of human flesh in your figures. Without shaving a considerable amount of plastic, your figures will look like they're in rigor mortis.

With RC4WD, the Defender bodies look so right because at that scale -- 1:8.46, a 1.9-inch rim multiplied by 8.46 equals 16.074 -inches... The 1:1 Defenders use 16-inch rims.

Technically that is true, although the problem with the Defender interior is it's very short... both in the footwells and also the distance from the seat cushion to the roof (as you pointed out).

This is why I suggested getting a head and torso which looks correct through the windows, and modify the legs to suit - I ended up using some Tamiya Wild Willy legs for example, mated to a Jack Osbourne upper body and head:

I'd agree that if you want a more lifelike figure, you'd be better off with one that is on the taller side rather than too short/petite looking, and shorten the legs to suit.

wesmade

Supporting Member
You have to remember that when someone says 1:10 scale they mean a category not a size. Most builds fall around the 1:9 scale. Determining scale is not hard to do, just some simple math. Figure out your actual scale and find a driver to match. The best in my opinion would be 7? or larger drivers. These are hard to find, since most are around 6?

Wes