Where do I start when it comes to fabing my own metal stuff?

rcaddict07

Alright title kinda explains it all. I want to start working with metals, not cnc, just stuff like making my own cages, skid plates, and stuff.

Question one; Where can i get the tools to start fabing stuff?
Question two; Where can i get the materials?

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
1. Home Depot/Amazon/Harbor Freight
2. Home Depot/Amazon/Harbor Freight

Not sure how else to answer this, so there you go. There's also a ton of resources both here, and on the rest of Google and Youtube that can get you started.

bonards29

V.I.P. Member
For metal bumpers and skid plate i use 22 gauge steel plate from home depot. Cut them with snipper tool. For cage or sliders i used 3:16 brakeline from autoparts store. You can also get map gas and benzomatic burner from home depot.

rcaddict07

1. Home Depot/Amazon/Harbor Freight
2. Home Depot/Amazon/Harbor Freight

Not sure how else to answer this, so there you go. There's also a ton of resources both here, and on the rest of Google and Youtube that can get you started.

Should have also probably asked, what tools do I need to get started?

- - - Updated - - -

For metal bumpers and skid plate i use 22 gauge steel plate from home depot. Cut them with snipper tool. For cage or sliders i used 3:16 brakeline from autoparts store. You can also get map gas and benzomatic burner from home depot.

Thank you!

Thorsteenster

You can do a lot with a Dremel, tin snips, hammer and MAPS. I also have two pair of duck billed Vice-Grips for "forming".
Not as complete as I'd like due to space considerations, (I have drilled and filed on my bed), but I've made little bits, and brackets