WPL D12 Surf Truck? 90s mini show truck? I dunno

Ok so be easy on me with this one. Aside from rattle canning a Marlin this is my first real foray into modding a hard body and I?ve got a lot to learn. I blame Matt.

I ordered a couple D12s to mess with, having a few ideas that are pretty standard at this point with them.

The night I got it, I sat and stared a bit and grabbed the saw. Before reason set in, roof was on the table!
3108b32111eb6bdb5d46266748de6ef0.jpg

d5856ebbd8b968f582a84782e4f1ba5f.jpg

a8739405dd568fd916c7517385e82371.jpg

The windshield was the hardest to deal with and I ended up trying to score and snap, which doesn?t work it seems. I was hoping to leave the top unfinished but I think I need to do something to cover it or get a new one and try again.

I?ve got to figure out some styrene and body work, but this should be... something.

2Beers

It's me again.
::2thumbs
Off with it's head.
The ^^^ above photo is pretty cool, and diffrent.

Be fun to see the directions you take it.
More please.

Frizzen

That's going to be wild! Why did you take the top of the windshield frame off?

Maybe get one of the 3D printed Body Kit sets for it? Now i kinda want to see one of those done as a Bed Dancer Truck.
--
Topless mini trucks make me think Bed Dancer because they were often build as a bed dancer first, then crashed the bed into the cab, and it becomes topless to remove the damage.

That's going to be wild! Why did you take the top of the windshield frame off?

Maybe get one of the 3D printed Body Kit sets for it? Now i kinda want to see one of those done as a Bed Dancer Truck.
--
Topless mini trucks make me think Bed Dancer because they were often build as a bed dancer first, then crashed the bed into the cab, and it becomes topless to remove the damage.

I wanted to lower it like the old hot rods did. I?ll probably build a new top frame.

And yea I agree with the bed dancer logic. I miss those trucks

Frizzen

I'm just going to leave this here...

https://youtu.be/Vc9hhSkNttA

Leave it topless, just build the window-frame top section. Maybe build a 'carson top' or use magnets to make the original one a 'removable hardtop'. If you're really feeling it, make the working bow system and soft convertible top.

---
Uh, and this one too
https://youtu.be/YIneYjH2aJE

I won't go deeper into my wpl 'Yo' mini truck until i finish something...i won't work on the mini-truck or it's bed stuff...