Wraith Digger - Axial Wraith Build Off Entry

B

BrainDead

I haven't gotten my wraith yet. Pre-ordered it from rcplanet.com two months ago and am just waiting for it to ship. But instead of sitting around and waiting i started getting some accessories together. This is also going to be my first 1/10 scale build. Im going to be looking for a solder starter kit and learning how to solder, any one know of a good company to start with? anyways here's what i have so far.
I got the proline accessories set and painted them up. Custom cooler and tool box, covered with some left over stickers from my losi 1/18. Painted the tools to look more realistic, didnt like the yellow and black. Also painted the RPM light bar black but left the buckets chrome, and made the metal light guards a metallic silver. And lastly I have some mirrors from axial. Next package i get should have some tires and wheels and those will be next to post.

Attachments

• wraithacc4.jpg
    wraithacc4.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 100
  • wraithacc3.jpg
    wraithacc3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 83
  • wraithacc2.jpg
    wraithacc2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 104
  • wraithacc5.jpg
    wraithacc5.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 100
  • wraithacc1.jpg
    wraithacc1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 95
B

BrainDead

Oh man the wait is killing me. Got an email back from rcplanet.com and now it should be mine at the end of this month. Such a limited first release that they only were given one. Two months and counting! :/

rus-t

join the club man!! put $300 down in freakin april and STILL havent gotten mine. Last time I pre order through a hobby shop, goin online next time. at least your gettin prepped for delivery, cant wait to see the finished peice!!

D

Draz

ya i did the same thou im hearing this firday i should have mine i hope :blink: but ya next time i'll order online

B

BrainDead

I went with my buddy to the LHS, almost an hour drive, he got himself a traxxas slash vxs and as I walked into the store I saw a wraith sitting there eyeballing me. They have two in stock, gahhhh. So as soon as Monday comes around I'm going to cancle my order with rc planet then cruise up and get my wraith!

Headquake

...at the H.O.P.
I went with my buddy to the LHS, almost an hour drive, he got himself a traxxas slash vxs and as I walked into the store I saw a wraith sitting there eyeballing me. They have two in stock, gahhhh. So as soon as Monday comes around I'm going to cancle my order with rc planet then cruise up and get my wraith!

Ha. That's how me and Imthatguy both got our Wraiths. Everyone who doesn't have one yet should drive by they're local little shops even if you don't think they'll have them, especially if you don't think they'll have them. The store i found mine at deals mostly with planes, i just went in for a servo and there it was.

The pre ordering seems to have been a mistake for everyone when it shouldn't have been. It doesn't seem right that these big internet RC shops should have taken all these pre orders when they weren't sure they would even get enough to sell.
I don't know whose fault along the line it was but its gotten a lot of people really mad. Hope its not just a marketing strategy.

Oh well, sorry for the rant. :laugh: Glad you tracked one down man.

B

BrainDead

Lerms and germs I got my Wraith! I called rcplanet.com this morning and canceled my order of the wraith, went to the LHS and got mine today! I also got a Dynamite 7.4 20c 2s 4200mah battery. Took it over to my friends house and tested it out. It was alright getting up some curbs, already ordered some lower links, and wheel weights to help with that, i also have some larger tires to pop on as well. That will help with the lower gravity. Then I'm going to do some playin around with moving the battery and electronics. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna take it out on my trail in my back yard and see how it is. Might need to make it bigger though, designed the course around the scorpion ax10 rtr. IM SUPER STOKED. Lots of plans and ill be posting more about the build and pictures. Make sure you keep watch as the Digger is born.

B

BrainDead

Start off with that picture of the wheels i posted about. I've got 4 Mickey Thompson 2.2 Baja Claw TTC Scale Tires. Mounted on Axial 2.2 Beadlock black chrome, but I've made it a gloss black. Picture shows them chrome black though.

Attachments

• wraithacc.jpg
    wraithacc.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 466
B

BrainDead

The newest member of the family

Attachments

• newmember.jpg
    newmember.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 102
B

BrainDead

Full day of tweaking the wraith. Got the panels all painted primer white and ready for paint in the morning. Changed the lights around so i can run the circles in the back. Put the new wheels/tires on and filled the front with 200 BB's in each wheel. Also lowered the shocks down. Got some panels made to cover the rear up. Haven't seen anyone do that yet, the 1st! Also did a little custom plastic work and added some tubes to the windshield area. Lots of painting and customizing ahead, and i haven't even started on the interior.

Attachments

• addition.jpg
    addition.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 46
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 44
  • panels.jpg
    panels.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 59
B

BrainDead

Woke up early and got started on painting everything black. I tried to paint over some mesh to give a pattern on the roof but it was too thin of mesh and didn't work so I sprayed it black. After I had let them dry i started cutting out the decals I got. I'm entered in a contest on rccrawler.com for a free set of freqeskins so i figured I make my own and wait to see if i win before i get a custom skin from them. I ended up finishing up the right side and hood before i decided i get some lunch. After lunch i finished up the left side and got everything glossed up. Changed the bead-lock rings from the anodized axial green ones to a custom painted set I have. Now I have some accessories prepped and ready to install tomorrow. But I have already said to much, muhaha. Here,s a picture of the hood. Look like something you've seen before??

Attachments

• gdhood.jpg
    gdhood.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 58
B

BrainDead

I finished up the exterior yesterday and now just need to take some good pics. Decided to put the proline roof lights on. Like the look a little better. But when I get new body pieces ill try out the rpm lights. Keep watch for those to come but for now here' s a roof shot.

Attachments

• roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 40
C

Copious

Thats looking pretty cool. Going with a couple green headlights? :biggthumpup:

B

BrainDead

Thought I was done a found a few more little detail i could add on. Keep watch for finished exterior

B

BrainDead

Got to a point where I'm gonna stop for a little and start on the interior. I painted as much as i could on this. Made the axial logo on the pumpkins green. Painted some of the lights silver. Made a tow rope, its either out or in the proline toolbox when i drive around. And just extra bits added on that i liked.

Attachments

• ohyeah.jpg
    ohyeah.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 43
  • topview.jpg
    topview.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 40
  • fronview.jpg
    fronview.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 289
  • rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 290
  • under.jpg
    under.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 297
B

BrainDead

Here are two more, side to side.

Attachments

• fronanle.jpg
    fronanle.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 48
  • rearanle.jpg
    rearanle.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 58
B

BrainDead

As soon as i saw the wraith i thought that grave digger would be a good combo to go with it.