ZIL 131 Service Box 10T truck 1/10

pera2008

I decided for another project. Russian 6x6 truck for 10tons. No idea how to build it and how things go.I will be happy for all suggestions and ideas.
what i have till now?
front axle:
foto97610.jpg

back axles:
it is not fixed, just for imagination:
foto97611.jpg

foto97612.jpg

and box so far:
foto97614.jpg

foto99488.jpg

foto99489.jpg

bottom is not put together with the top due to painting ( not glued together )
foto99490.jpg

foto99491.jpg

foto99492.jpg

I have done wheels, but haven`t make photo of them yet

I decided for another project. Russian 6x6 truck for 10tons. No idea how to build it and how things go.I will be happy for all suggestions and ideas.
what i have till now?
front axle:
foto97610.jpg

back axles:
it is not fixed, just for imagination:
foto97611.jpg

foto97612.jpg

and box so far:
foto97614.jpg

foto99488.jpg

foto99489.jpg

bottom is not put together with the top due to painting ( not glued together )
foto99490.jpg

foto99491.jpg

foto99492.jpg

I have done wheels, but haven`t make photo of them yet
Love it !!! Think Siberian forest and not wanting to be stuck at -70 centigrade.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

pera2008

thanks guys.
yes. it is scratch build, parts are cut by CNC machine and glued together. No printed parts will be used. I must to make frame from steel and find out how drivetrain will be. So far I have wheels and tires, Castle WP combo, steering servo, winches will be made out of servos ( to be able handle weight of truck ). 3x Yota axles, driveshafts and leafs. But without finished body I can`t move forward. so it will take long time till it will be finished

joe122

The clean, precise cuts are fascinating, that "CNC" process you are using is awesome! Box and details look spot on!

pera2008

thanks. Next will be cabin, but it need to program cutter, test if parts fits, glue them together and sand it. But as you can see, it not goes as fast as I wish, so I`m not able to promise next update soon. Maybe after Christmas. Stay tuned ! :laugh:

Fourth Protocol

V.I.P. Member
nah. You guys rock. I just use technology to cut plastic. Glue them together is like lego. If it not fit, machine is cutting new piece.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's like saying people making 3D models and then printing them (Manitou Liu, for example) can't build. They can and they do. Same with CNC-cut parts.

I'm actually really surprised that more CNC-cut bodies/body kits aren't available to order/buy. The Samurai sold by JSScale is the only quality example I'm aware of.

And yeah, for sure you're (mostly) limited to flat panels. But there's loads of flat-panel trucks out there...

What I'd be interested in knowing is whether you're using a commercial cutter or something you bought for yourself? And if it's your own, what make/model?

pera2008

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's like saying people making 3D models and then printing them (Manitou Liu, for example) can't build. They can and they do. Same with CNC-cut parts.

I'm actually really surprised that more CNC-cut bodies/body kits aren't available to order/buy. The Samurai sold by JSScale is the only quality example I'm aware of.

And yeah, for sure you're (mostly) limited to flat panels. But there's loads of flat-panel trucks out there...

What I'd be interested in knowing is whether you're using a commercial cutter or something you bought for yourself? And if it's your own, what make/model?

Maybe surprise, but actually JS scale samuraj body is made by same guy who is doing that. I?m main engineer in this project. I work with steel. so my part will just come when body will be ready. This guy made all my bodies, because i don?t have CNC. What he is using is small cutter where you have platform with rails and makita cutter in holder. so really somenthing simple which works. I try to make bodies by cutting ABS plates by hand and it looks terrible. here is his page: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=alman's scale bodyworks&epa=SEARCH_BOX